Posted: Mar 20th 2020
Hey LRC Family and Guests!
Is your head spinning yet? I know mine is as we continue to seek to collect the most up to date information,
and try to understand what is going on. Many of us are concerned for the health of those that we love,
concerned for our jobs and our finances, etc. Let me just continue to encourage you to lean into God, and the
anchors that He has given us to not just survive, but thrive in this season.
Let's be sure that we are spending as much, if not more time seeking truth in God's Word as we are seeking the latest facts on coronavirus. God's Word is life giving! In it, He chases away our fear, and He fuels our passion and faith. In it, He reminds us that He is in control, by faith in Jesus, we are His, and He is with us!
It can be easy to focus on all of the negatives, but in this season, we as the church have some incredibly unique opportunities:
So what's the plan moving forward?...
- Let's take advantage of our time over this season, and really dig into relationship with God through His Word in our individual lives and with our families. Pray along with us that God would stir up great passion in our LRC Families for Him and His Word!
- We are a family, and we will all need to be diligent about staying connected with each other! We have a multi-faceted plan for this that you can see below. Pray that God would use this time to draw us together as a family (even without the big hugs)!
- We're excited to have the opportunity to reach many people that we might otherwise not have the opportunity to reach through our now necessary online and social media venues. Pray for God to move powerfully through this and for many to say Yes to Jesus!
- This gives each of our families a unique opportunity to be "on mission" in our neighborhoods, and love our neighbors in unique ways. How might God be calling you to love your neighbors over the days, weeks, even months ahead? Let's be generous givers to our neighbors as they have need where we have plenty. Would you consider adopting at least 2 blocks around your house, and helping to care for and provide for the needs of your neighbors that need a helping hand, need to talk, need prayer, need the hope of the gospel? Click on this link to print a "Community Care Form" that you can use to distribute to your neighbors to engage them.
- We are dreaming and praying about how God might use this situation to bring people to Jesus by the thousands in our communities, as people search for hope. Pray along with us that we will be faithful to show and share the gospel, and that God would use us in the spiritual awakening that we pray is coming!
- Pray with us that God would use this season to bring about healthy, God-honoring change in His Church across the US and around the world!
- This Sunday, we will have a 10am livestream, including updates, worship, prayer, teaching, and opportunity for you to ask questions. You can access the livestream at this link https://livingrockchurch.co/live. The livestream will be recorded and posted immediately following for those who did not watch it live
- Remember that you can give through our website at https://livingrockchurch.co/give.php or send checks to our PO Box 141, Timnath, CO 80574
- We will provide a discussion guide, to facilitate discussion with your family or group immediately after the feed.
- Look for regular communication of lessons, activities, competitions, etc, for kids and families to participate in together.
- Follow us on Instagram at livingrockkids.
- Expect regular check-ins on your family from our Kid's Ministry team.
- We will have a live stream of teachings via Instagram live at our regular Cornerstone times. We will have small groups remotely as well.
- Follow us on Instagram at livingrockyouth.
- Look for other opportunities that will be provided for fun, connection and discipleship among our teens.
- Expect regular check-ins on your teens from our Youth Ministry team.
- Our groups will continue meeting together, though it will definitely look different. We need to be in community! For now, we will leave how this occurs up to the discretion of our LifeGroup leaders, whether remote or in person. If our leaders choose to meet in person, the following guidelines will be in place:
- No more than 10 people are allowed to gather, and participants must stay 6 feet apart.
- No physical contact with non-family members while gathering together until further notice. Even if you are unconcerned about the virus, others may be concerned, and they may prefer that you not touch them. Out of love and respect, avoid physical contact and maintain recommended safe distances until this virus has passed. In order to continue to greet one another, we recommend kind words, a loving smile, eye contact, etc. We will communicate love in another way.
- We will have hand sanitizer and disinfectant wipes available for all, and encourage everyone to wash their hands consistently.
- We will be diligent in sanitation and disinfecting flat surfaces, door handles, etc. before, during, and following meetings.
- If you or anyone in your household is ill, shows any symptoms of the virus, or has been exposed to anyone with symptoms, please consider the health of our greater community and stay at home.
- If you are part of a high risk group, we love you, and will be diligent about communicating and caring for you. For the sake of your health, please do not attend these meetings.
- For any meetings that our leaders choose to host, we will have a remote option for those that are unable to attend.
- We will be establishing a virtual LifeGroup for anyone that is not currently part of one of our LifeGroups.
- We will launch a remote Men's Bible Study soon. Let us know if you're interested in joining.
- Small group Bible Studies will continue to meet remotely as scheduled. Let us know if you're interested in joining.
- Expect regular communication through social media, in order to foster community.
Prayer, Care, and Shepherding for our Body
- We will continue to meet on schedule within our coaching groups remotely.
Care and Outreach in our Community
- We want to pray for you, and care for you if you have needs! Please communicate with us on how we can do both!
- You can expect someone in our leadership to be checking on and praying with you and your family regularly. We love you and want to stay connected to you!
- Consider adopting at least 2 blocks around your house, and helping to care for and provide for the needs of your neighbors that need a helping hand, need to talk, need prayer, need the hope of the gospel? Click on this link to print a "Community Care Form" that you can use to distribute to your neighbors to engage them.
- Let's be generous givers to our neighbors as they have need where we have plenty.
Additional Online Presence
- If you are currently regularly a part of LRC, you can expect an email invitation to Fellowship One Go. This is the resource that we use for our virtual LRC Directory. It is more important than ever that we stay connected to each other! I would encourage you to download the app and log in, so that you have access to contact info, and can stay connected.
- We will post a weekly video update, teaching and encouragement.
- We are working on establishing a weekly online community chat around a Bible passage, topic, etc, that will be open to all.
We love you LRC Family and NoCo Community!
LRC Leadership Team
Posted: Mar 13th 2020
Dear Living Rock Church Family,
As information continues to become available, and concerns increase this week surrounding the coronavirus, LRC is committed to doing whatever we can to provide a safe environment for you, your family, the LRC Family and our guests.
To that end, our leadership team is watching and communicating often, in order to assess the current public health news and policy updates issued by the CDC, the Larimer County Health Department, the Governor's office (who today limited gatherings state-wide above 250 people), and other appropriate agencies, applying their recommendations to our current situation.
While God has not given us a spirit of fear, he has called us to love our neighbors and to contribute to the welfare of our community. Exercising caution is not merely wise, but is a tangible way of expressing love toward our LRC Family and others.
No Weekend Gatherings this weekend...
In light of significant prayer, as well as the recommendations of our governing officials, LRC is cancelling all of our weekend gatherings this weekend. This includes our Pipeline coaching meeting, LifeGroups, the Prayer & Worship Gathering on Saturday night, and our Sunday morning Worship Gathering.
We will be posting a message from Kelly specifically about this current situation and our Biblical responsibilities and response to it on Sunday morning on our website, as well as social media. We would encourage you to utilize this in worshiping at home with your family.
In a time of uncertainty and fear, we can and should be a light of gospel hope.
Canceling these gatherings this weekend was a very difficult decision for us, but we have been guided by two principles: (1) loving our LRC Family, guests and neighbors, many of whom, like the elderly or those with prior medical conditions, might be particularly vulnerable to this virus, and (2) honoring our governing officials, who have urged extreme caution.
To be clear, this decision is only for this weekend's gatherings. We will continue to assess the situation over the days ahead and will communicate all future decisions regarding our future activities and gatherings.
Communication and Prayer
We are actively discussing the best ways to love both our LRC Family and our community in this time. We recognize that this is a dynamic situation with constant new information and updates. When we communicate any decisions or changes, we will provide updates via email, on social media and on our website.
Please do keep us informed with any specific needs that you and your family have, that we can pray for and potentially help with.
While we do not know what will happen as this situation changes, we do know that we can, and must, pray. As we look to the days and weeks ahead, let's seek our good and sovereign Father together...
- Ask God, in his mercy, to stem the tide of this growing pandemic, not only in our communities, but in cities around the world (Isaiah 59:1–2).
- Pray that those who are called to address this crisis (particularly medical professionals and those in positions of authority) would be equipped to handle new cases with wisdom and compassion (Romans 13:1–4).
- Pray that local churches would lead the way in exhibiting a spirit of trust in God and love for others (Matthew 22:37–39).
- Pray for our overseas missionaries, that they would act as God’s ambassadors, continuing to offer the hope of the gospel (Mark 16:15).
As believers, we are called to run toward tragedy and not away from it. Faithful Christians have done this throughout many generations. Let’s be faithful in this moment to be the hands and feet of Jesus, caring for the sick and pointing people to ultimate hope in him through the gospel.
Grace and Peace!
Living Rock Church Leadership Team